- Departments J-Z
Mission, Vision and Duties of the Treasurer
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, the residents of Petersburg. Our pledge is to continually seek ways to provide innovative and progressive service to our Petersburg residents!
Our mission is ensuring Fiscal Integrity and to provide exceptional customer service through excellence in Treasury Management.
Our vision is to be a premier Treasurer's Office by maintaining an environment where a quality workforce can thrive professionally, and where exceptional customer service is the standard. We are committed to operating on the cutting edge of convenience and efficiency, focusing on technology solutions that meet and exceed our service demands.
Duties of the Treasurer include:
- Banker for the City of Petersburg government, working with departments for depositing and disbursing funds.
- Chief Investment Officer for Petersburg funds working with external brokers and banking community for highest and safest investment returns, and proposes and oversees the Petersburg Investment Policy, in compliance with the Security for Public Funds Investment Act of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Contract Administrator for Petersburg bank depository, including negotiating of contract and management of all facets of banking services for the City of Petersburg..
- Reconciliation agent for Petersburg, working with depository bank, city departments and external and internal auditors.
- Statutory supervisor of Unclaimed Property for the City of Petersburg.
For any questions, please contact:
(804) 733-2322 or Email Treasurer
For Other Inquiries:
If you have been assessed or billed incorrectly on your personal property bill, please contact the Commissioner of Revenue’s Office at 804-733-2315.
If you have been assessed or billed incorrectly on your real estate bill, please contact the City Assessor's Office at 804-733-2333.
If you have been assessed or billed incorrectly on your water / sewer or wastewater bill, please contact the Utility Billing & Analysis at 804-733-2349.
If need current or delinquent balance information on your Personal Property/Real Estate Taxes or you need a DMV Stop removed, please contact the Billing & Collections Department at 804-733-2346.