Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Petersburg’s Summer Feeding Program will kick-off on Friday, June 22, 2015 through Saturday, August 15 providing free breakfast and lunch for all area youth up to 18 years old. Youth can attend any of the locations to receive a meal, regardless if they are enrolled or not. Breakfast will be served from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and lunch will be served from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. The City’s Parks and Leisure program is a feeding site participating under the Virginia Food Bank, serving hot meals at the following locations:
• Petersburg High School (3101 Johnson Road)• First Baptist Church (236 Harrison Street)• Walnut Hill Elementary School (300 W South Blvd)• AP Hill Community Center (1237 Halifax Street)• JEB Stuart Elementary School (100 Pleasants Lane)
The Petersburg Center for Development, Inc. (PCD), a local nonprofit organization is participating in the Summer Feeding Service Program (SFSP) for the Tri-cities region. PCD is dedicated to community development and providing services to the most vulnerable families and children. PCD will be facilitating the SPSF free summer feeding program beginning Friday, June 15, at the following sites (approved (A) and pending (P) approval) listed below with the meals times as follows:
Closed (Enrolled Sites)• YMCA (120 N. Madison Street) (A)Breakfast - 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Lunch – Noon – 1 p.m. (Beginning June 15)
• Police Athletic League (Gilfield Baptist Church, 201 Perry Street) (A)Breakfast - 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. Lunch - 12:00 -1:00PM (Beginning June 29)
• Children's Home of Virginia Baptist Inc. (6900 Hickory Road) (P) Breakfast - 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. Lunch - Noon to 1 p.m. (Beginning June 15)
• Core Education Institute (110 N. Sycamore Street) (P)Breakfast - 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Lunch - 12:30 p.m. - 1 p.m. (Beginning June 29)
• Journey 2 Success Alternative Counseling (1889 S. Sycamore Street) (P)Breakfast - 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Lunch - 12:30 p.m. - 1 p.m. (Beginning June 22)
Open Site (Open to the public)• Refreshing Stream & God Chasers Church (2138 Richmond Ave) (A) Breakfast - 7:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m. Lunch – Noon -1 p.m. (Begins June 22)
Meals will be provided to all children without charge. Acceptance and participation requirements for the Program and all activities are governed by the U. S. Department of Agriculture nondiscrimination policy, which prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.
For additional information on the services Parks and Leisure Services provide, please call (804) 733-2394 or visit the office at 1937 Johnson Road. For more information on PCD (including meal locations outside of Petersburg, please contact Patricia Hines at (804) 926-0495 or email email@example.com. For more information on City of Petersburg events, services and programs, please visit www.petersburgva.gov.