Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Petersburg Farmers Market will remain open after October 31, 2015. Existing vendors, as well as new vendors, are welcome to participate in the winter market.
The mission of the Petersburg Farmers Market is to enhance the quality of life for Petersburg residents by providing access to fresh and affordable food. The following changes are effective immediately:
• The location of the Farmers Market will change in November. Starting on Saturday, November 7, 2015, the Farmers Market will move to 125 E. Washington Street in downtown Petersburg. The new location will enable us to improve access to the Farmers Market for diverse Petersburg residents and special needs populations. The location is easily accessible from exit 52 off of I-95. It is located in close proximity to the Freedom Center, the Petersburg Public Library, and the Petersburg Transit Center. The new location is also on the trolley route for the City of Petersburg.
• Vendor space is available for monthly rentals of $25 for two six foot tables each Saturday on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations and payments must be received one month in advance. (For your convenience, a monthly rate chart with deadlines for reservations and payments is attached.) Reservations and payments are accepted in the Office of Economic Development during the hours of 9:00 a. m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays. All documents will be date stamped when received. Reservations and payments may also be accepted by direct mail, however, documents must be postmarked prior to the deadline.
• There will be no refunds for cancellations or closings.
• All vendors participating in the winter market must accept EBT cards, debit cards, and Virginia State University Trojan cards. Each vendor is responsible for their own charge card and EBT set up. Documentation from a financial institution and the Petersburg Department of Social Services must be provided the first time vendors submit registration and payments for participation in the winter market.
• The City of Petersburg reserves the right to close the winter market with ten days of notice, as vacant city-owned properties become development opportunities.
• The City of Petersburg reserves the right to close the winter market with 8 hours of notice due to holidays, inclement weather, hazardous road conditions, or any other health or safety issues.
• The City of Petersburg reserves the right to schedule other events and activities in the same area as the Farmers Market.
• All vendors are required to provide their names, business names, and contact information including a mailing address, email address and telephone number.
• The names and addresses of all vendors participating in the Petersburg Farmers Market will be listed in city communications, marketing materials, etc.
• Additional changes are anticipated beginning in May 2016.
The City of Petersburg welcomes your continued participation in the Farmers Market as we strive to create a sustainable model that supports local needs, health initiatives, entrepreneurship and economic opportunities for all residents. The City of Petersburg will share information about the Farmers Market on Comcast Cable channel 15 and in periodic issues of Experience Petersburg. As a Farmers Market vendor, you will also be invited to participate in business development forums and other activities sponsored by the City of Petersburg.
We are excited about working with you and several local, state and federal partners to leverage new resources and maximize community benefits. We look forward to keeping you informed and updated as we move forward!
For your convenience, a meeting of Farmers Market vendors and community partners is being scheduled for Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. at the Petersburg Union Station.