Following a successful first round of COVID-19 relief grant funding, the City of Petersburg has opened a second round application process for local small businesses. The second round of the COVID-19 small business grant program is funded by the CARES Act.
With the goal of providing direct financial relief to businesses significantly impacted by COVID-19, the first round saw 166 total applicants. Overall, $212,750 was awarded to 78 local small businesses across all seven Wards in Petersburg.
For the second round, awards will range from $1,500 to $10,000. The second round application deadline is Friday, October 30th at 5pm. Done Editing
The second round application process is now closed.
Eligibility for second round funding requires that the business:
• Pays taxes to the Commissioner of the Revenue and has a valid business license
• Is headquartered in Petersburg and has been operational for at least 12 months (at least by 8/1/2019)
• Has a Gross Annual Revenue of at least $25,000
• Employs 30 Full-Time Employees (FTE) or fewer
Businesses that are not eligible for relief:
• Businesses or franchises not headquartered in the City of Petersburg
• Independent Contractors in network marketing or on gig platforms
• Businesses engaged in speculation or investment in rental real estate
• Business deemed “Ineligible Businesses” under SBA guidelines
Business owners with multiple businesses can only receive one grant.