The Investigations Division is Commanded by Captain André Boswell. The investigations division is comprised of Major Crimes Unit, Crime Suppression Unit, Forensics Unit, Document Services, and Asset Forfeiture Services.
- The Major Crimes Unit (MCU) is responsible for the investigation of all serious crimes, including homicide, robbery, aggravated assault, assault, abduction, rape and sex offenses, burglary, economic and fraud crimes, and other crimes that require in-depth or follow-up investigations.
- The Crime Suppression Unit (CSU) is tasked with narcotics and vice enforcement, as well as other strategic and tactical investigations as directed by the Chief of Police.
- The Forensics Unit is responsible for crime scene processing, evidence collection, property storage and accountability.
- Document Services is responsible for warrant service and prisoner extraditions.
- Asset Forfeiture Services, under the VA Code 19.2-386.22, gives the police department the authority to seize certain property that has been used in the commission of certain felonies, including narcotics. The property may then be forfeited after the court hearings.
Investigators from the Major Crimes unit continually provide information to the victim's family throughout the course of the case. If you have difficulty reaching a detective or are not sure which detective you need to speak with, please call Major Crimes at (804) 203-4466.
To date, 23 lives have been lost this year.
|1403 Pin Oak Drive #1034|
|124 Henrico Street|
|20 Leavenworth Street|
|Brian Chambers||May 24|
|May 27||1025 Talley Avenue|
|Anthony Williams||June 3||826 N. Gillfield Drive|
|K'Von Morgan (JUV)||June 17||203 #2034 Juniper Road|
|Ke'Asia Powell||June 22||840 E. Wythe Street|
|Lucky Dwayne Burress||June 26||1610 Berkeley Avenue|
|Darrell D. Morton||July 6||1025 S. Crater Road - Bldg. #14|
|Kirk Nims||July 11||518 Halifax Street|
Johnny W. Englehart Jr.
|August 8||1011 Rome Street|
|Matthew Gibbs||August 24||1823 Brandon Avenue|
|Adrionna B. West||September 3||715 High Street|
|Fatin Rhone||September 23||101 Ivy Lane|
|William Henry Hayes, Jr.||October 2||317 S. West Street|
|Hannah Vahghan||October 6||County Dr. / Wagner Rd.|
|Walter Rudolph Sykes III||October 14||1102 Sixth Street|
|Robert M. Booker Jr.||October 23||2075 S. Crater Rd.|
|Wayne Kelley||November 7||912 Logan Street|
|Robert Pugh||November 12||1117 Custer Street|
|Renee Johnson||November 27||2615 Oak Hill Road|
|Devaughn Lawrence||November 28||109 Perry Street|
**BOLD indicates case has been cleared**