- Departments A-I
Primary responsibilities of the Department of Collections:
- Collection of current and delinquent revenue to include 3rd party collector contracts.
- Accounts receivable, cashier, and payment inquiries.
- Any customer who files bankruptcy, that includes any current active utility account, will be notified by certified mail that a new service must be established within 20 days of notification. In lieu of the bankruptcy filing, a 25% deposit may be required for the next service.
- For more information on Bankruptcy, contact Collections Administrator, Cameron Bailey.
Below you will find several payment options for your convenience:
- Pay Online here
- There is a 3% fee when paying with a credit or debit card. There is no fee when paying with an electronic check. The online payment system is available from 4:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily.
- In-Person: Fiscal Management Office: 144 N. Sycamore Street, Petersburg, Virginia 23803
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Dropbox: You may drop off your payment at any time to the drop box located at 144 N. Sycamore Street. Payments dropped off are collected and processed the following business day.
- Mail: All payments may be mailed to the following address:
- P.O. Box 1271 Petersburg, VA 23804
- For questions regarding payments please email: CityCollector@petersburg-va.org or call 804-733-2346.
- For questions regarding online payments please email: email@example.com or call 804-733-2322.
- For questions regarding real estate assessed value please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-733-2336
- Contact the Commissioner of Revenue at email@example.com or call 804-733-2315 for:
- personal property and real estate address changes
- questions about high mileage
- personal property assessment
- change in ownership
City of Petersburg revenue processes